Fall 2017 enrollment is now open for new violin and viola, traditional and Suzuki Method students ages 3 to adult. Here are the steps to getting started with lessons*…
- Decide on Suzuki or traditional lessons – which is best for you?
- Read the Studio Contract and Tuition Info
- Contact the teacher to schedule a sample or observation lesson
- Schedule a weekly lesson/group class time with the teacher
- Complete the online Registration Form
- SUZUKI ONLY: Begin Suzuki Parent Education by reading Nurtured by Love (Dr. Shinichi Suzuki) and Beyond the Lesson: Habits of Successful Suzuki Families (Christine Goodner).
- Rent/purchase instrument (EXCEPT Suzuki beginners ages 3-5**)
- Bring the first month’s tuition, registration fee to your first lesson.
** Suzuki students ages 3-5 start with a “box violin” first, provided by the teacher. After learning respect for the instrument and several foundational skills, the student graduates to a “real violin” – very exciting! The teacher will let you know when the time is right to rent/purchase the violin. Acquiring the real instrument too soon can slow down progress.