Pajama Concerts present live classical chamber music and classic children’s literature in a relaxed and inclusive setting for children ages 4-7 and their families. Blankets, pillows, and favorite stuffed animals are welcome. Next up…
June 13, 6:30 PM | Pajama Concert: “Shipwreck!”, with Emily Hale and Claire Smith Bermingham (baroque violins) @ Noah Webster Library, West Hartford, CT
“Shipwreck!” features baroque music for two violins based on famous literary seafaring adventures (Gulliver’s Travel’s, The Tempest, The Odyssey), performed on period instruments, paired with a reading of Chris Van Allsburg’s fantastical tale “The Wreck of the Zephyr”. This program lasts approximately 30 minutes.
Pajama Concerts have been hosted by the Schlow Centre Region Library (State College, PA) and the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library (Clifton Park, NY). The events have featured a variety of chamber ensembles from a baroque band to a double bass quartet, performing music from Heinrich Ignaz von Biber to Henry Mancini.
Children’s classics featured include…
- Miss Nelson is Missing (by Harry Allard and James Marshall)
- Mole Music (by David M. McPhail)
- Richard Scarry’s Shapes and Opposites
- We All Join In and Patrick (by Quentin Blake)
- Go Dog, Go (by P.D. Eastman)
- Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin (by Lloyd Moss)
- Hippos Go Berserk (by Sandra Boynton)
Pajama Concerts won the Pennsylvania Library Association’s 2009 Best Practices in Early Learning Award.